1. Provide a Customized Market Analysis/Broker Price Opinion, including an estimated market value of the property, recent sales of comparable homes in the area and a preliminary title report to ensure vesting is correct and to discover any liens.
2. Clear the home of personal belongings. When family is unable to assist, we will photograph personal belongings and obtain expert opinions on value for special items when necessary. Through this sensitive process we will work with administrators to determine which items should be sold at an estate sale, donated, discarded or shipped to family members.
3. Inspect the property and create a list of suggested repairs and improvements. Bring in outside professionals as needed to clean, haul, paint, and landscape. If it is decided to stage the property, we will coordinate with stagers to help present the home in its best possible light. Click to view past property transformations.
4. Schedule and be present for all court hearings, appraisals, inspections, repairs and showings.
5. Strategically price and market the property for the greatest traction and assured close.
6. Provide a disclosure checklist and assemble the disclosure package, which will be presented to all interested parties to the transaction.
7. Manage the escrow and negotiation process. We will highlight the strong points of each offer and identify any pitfalls in the contract, buyers qualifications, loan requested etc. We monitor the timelines and due dates throughout escrow.
8. Attend the closing to make sure all paperwork is in order, answer any questions that may arise and ensure that the closing goes smoothly.